Material - Flexible plastic
Small - Calf / arm circumference: 28cm - 35cm
Medium - Calf / arm circumference: 32cm - 40cm
Large - Calf / arm circumference: 38cm - 47cm
Vital Living utilises a range of delivery services to ensure we offer our customers the best service at the best possible price. Shipping costs will be calculated based on weight and shipped as soon as possible.
If your goods are out of stock, we will notify you within 24 hours.
We also provide tracking details by email on the day that your order is dispatched. You will be able to track your order online with this information. As always if you have any questions about your delivery we invite you to contact our customer service team during business hours on (02) 6581 2400.
Free Click and Collect is also available from our Forster, Taree, Kempsey and Port Macquarie showrooms.
- We recommend wearing disposable gloves when applying (donning) or removing (doffing) compression garments to prevent damage to the garment and skin.
- As compression garments can ladder, you should take care with sharp fingernails, rings or hard skin on the heels, as these can damage the garment.
- Compression garments may be slippery to wear and caution is advised on slippery surfaces.
- We recommend you wash the garments before wearing. Hand wash or wash in a lingerie bag in the washing machine on gentle cycle. Don’t dry in direct sunlight, in a dryer or near a heater.
- Compression garments are usually applied within one hour of arising from bed and removed before your evening shower/bath or before going to bed - unless your healthcare professional recommends otherwise.
- Compression garments may loose their effectiveness within 3 to 6 months of commencement of wear and it’s recommended they be replaced after this time. We also remeasure arms/legs at the same time as changes may occur due to health or medication.
Application of Leg Wear
- Place arm into compression garment and reach down to the heel. Holding heel firmly between thumb and pointer finger, turn garment inside out at the heel.
- Placing fingers inside the garment opening at heel, stretch open and place the garment over the foot until it almost reaches the heel.
- Find top band on garment, pull to back of heel then over heel. Insert thumbs inside both sides of heel and pull garment over heel until heel is in position.
- Ease garment up the leg until top is approximately 2cm (1”) from crease in back of knee (at least mid thigh for thigh length wear).
- Do not fold stocking over as this may cause a tourniquet effect.
- Some smoothing out of garment to reduce wrinkling may be necessary. If so, use both gloved hands to gently rub up and down garment to help smooth wrinkles out. Avoid smoothing out garment by pinching material as this may cause damage or bleeding to frail or sensitive skin.
This direction for care is only a recommendation and may vary with each customer.